Home-Cultural connections

Our school

The first St Anne's school was built in 1893 and the school building was extended for use as a church in 1903. The presbytery seen in the left of the photo is still standing today and is used by priests of St Anne's parish. As the population grew, so did the need for a bigger school. The original school building built in 1903 was demolished in 1984. The current school was built in the same year.

The area that we now call Mercy Park was where the original convent was built for the Sisters of Mercy who ran the school. The convent was built in 1900 and demolished in 1990. The tree on the left of the photo is still in Mercy Park today.

 

eZ Publish™ copyright © 1999-2017 eZ Systems AS