School Past


When the school first opened it had one classroom. Then in about 1958 another classroom was added on. In later years the original classroom was knocked down and two classrooms from Fernbrook School in Oamaru were shifted here in May 2004. One room is now the Junior Room and the other is a spare room.


When the school first opened in 1912 there was a pony paddock where pine trees grow now. In later years the community made a concrete wall beside the tennis court. They also built the swimming pool. There was no playground equipment back then. The boys and girls toilets were not inside, they were separated from the school and each other.