Home-100 years of Grey Lynn School

100 years of Grey Lynn School

Grey Lynn Primary School - Primary

In 2010 Grey Lynn School celebrated its Centennial. A school for the people of Grey Lynn first opened in 1907 in the Richmond Hall in Francis Street. This building still stands and it is now the RSA Club. The foundation stone for a new school was laid in 1910 and pupils moved in to the new school in March 1911.

(Editor's note: This photo is courtesy of the Auckland War Memorial Museum and Institute)

1910 Foundation Stone laid by the MP for Grey Lynn, the Honourable Sir George Fowlds.

To find out more about Sir George Fowlds click on this link:

Sir George Fowlds

1910-1911 Original Grey Lynn School building nearing completion. Note the tram lines running in front of the building along Surrey Crescent. Photo courtesy of the Auckland War Memorial Museum and Institute.

eZ Publish™ copyright © 1999-2017 eZ Systems AS