Grammar Carlton Rugby Club:
The history of our local rugby club is a mix of three rugby clubs in early Auckland. Grafton was the oldest of the three rugby clubs and was founded in 1873. The next was Auckland Boys Grammar in 1914. Cornwall was originally named Technical College Old Boys, which came to life in 1922. It was renamed Cornwall in 1950 when the club was allocated a home ground at Cornwall Park. This then became Carlton when the Cornwall and Grafton clubs merged. The final name is from the mix of Carlton and Grammar Old Boys clubs in 1996.
Text by Jack
Cornwall Cricket Club (CCC):
Cricket has been around for many years. One of the first cricket clubs was probably the Cornwall Cricket Club. The Cornwall Cricket Club will be running for years. Cornwall has been named Auckland Club of the year for three of the past eight seasons. The clubrooms consist of a pavilion, together with changing rooms, full catering facilities and a tuck shop. It was opened in 1995.
Text by Josh
Ellerslie Soccer Club Association started in 1887. It was one of the seven soccer clubs that were in the Association’s beginners competition. The club rooms were built after Ellerslie started in 1887. This is our local soccer club.
Text by Mitchell
Campbell Park Tennis Club
The Campbell Park Tennis Club is located next to CPDS. It has a long history in tennis as the club started on the 30th September 1922. Later on the club decided to build a pavilion. In 1925 the club pavilion finally was completed. Over the years membership has increased. Now in 2010 the club is a great place to learn tennis.
Text by Hamish