Selwyn House School
- Lancaster Park (Jade Stadium) was built in 1880
- Canterbury Cricket & Athletics Associations started it, and 450 shares were sold at $10 each
- Jade Stadium was originally called Lancaster Park
- In 1907, the Australian swimming championships were held in the swimming pool at the north-east end
- In 1911, the Canterbury Rugby Football Union became joint owners of the park with the Canterbury Cricket Association
- From 1940-1944, military training took over the park. At one stage about 800 men were staying there
- In 1921 the Springboks played Canterbury, who became the first team to defeat a Springboks side, 6-4.
by Tess, Ailis (back), Claudia and Hilary (front).